NCSS 11 Update
Use the button(s) below to download the NCSS 11 installation file. If NCSS 11 is not yet installed on your computer, this will install the full version. If you already have NCSS 11 statistical analysis software installed, this will update your current installation to the newest version. Your personal files will not be affected.
NCSS 11 Download (Recommended)
Size: 116.44 MB
Current Version: 11.0.22
Released: May 23, 2019
Click here for minimum System Requirements
NCSS 11 64-bit Download
Size: 117.29 MB
PDF documentation for NCSS 11 is installed with the software and can be accessed through the Help System. The documentation is not available online at this time.
Update Release Notes
Released: May 23, 2019
1. Corrected an error in the Unstack Data tool that caused the labels to appear incorrectly with the unstacked data in some cases.
2. Fixed typo for standardized regression coefficient formula in Principal Components Regression documentation, page 340-12.
Released: February 8, 2019
1. Fixed “Out of Memory” error when finding and replacing data in very large data files.
Released: November 1, 2018
1. Corrected error in Two Proportions procedures. Some of the hypothesis test values were incorrect when entering multiple Outcome Variables in a single run.
Released: August 17, 2018
1. Corrected “Subscript out of range” and other errors in the curve fitting procedures that occurs when the data has a large percentage of missing values.
2. Corrected error in One-Sample and Paired T-Test procedures... the Assumptions Alpha was being ignored.
Released: May 25, 2018
1. Corrected an error that caused the software to stop opening, importing, or saving data files after having opened or imported a file with a ";" character in the file name. Accessing files with a ";" character in the file name no longer causes problems.
Released: May 1, 2018
1. Corrected a problem with the value order on the Data Table. Values were not being interpreted correctly when including spaces after the list separator (i.e. comma).
2. Corrected a problem in the One Proportion procedures. Missing values were being included in the total sample size counts when using database input.
Released: March 14, 2018
1. Corrected an error in the Cusum Test for Linearity in the Passing-Bablok Regression for Method Comparison procedure. The Cusum test is now calculated correctly.
Released: March 9, 2018
1. Minor Corrections.
Released: January 30, 2018
1. Corrected documentation errors in the Robust Linear Regression (Passing-Bablok Median-Slope) procedure. A stray line was also removed from the scatter plot. This line was usually hidden by the Passing-Bablok regression line.
2. Corrected documentation errors in the Passing-Bablok Regression for Method Comparison procedure. Also corrected the regression coefficient confidence intervals which were stated backwards in some cases (i.e. lower bound was greater than upper bound). A stray line was also removed from the scatter plot. This line was usually hidden by the Passing-Bablok regression line.
3. The Two Independent Proportions procedures were updated so that all exact tests use the "Maximum N" option to ignore these tests when the sample size is too large because of the lengthy calculation time.
Released: November 27, 2017
1. Activated the Cusum Test of Linearity in the Passing-Bablok Regression for Method Comparison procedure. The option to show the test was not being displayed.
2. Fixed an error that occurred when typing in dates without full specification. Some dates were not being interpreted correctly depending on the current date and time. For example, typing “10/2/17” on October 2, 2017 (with English language setting) in the cell editor would convert to 2/17/2010 instead of 10/02/2017.
Released: August 9, 2017
1. Fixed an error when typing in cells from the formula bar when a filter is running. The filter was not always applied properly for the edited cell.
2. Fixed undo/redo error when editing cells with a filter running and filtered rows hidden. The undo/redo was not being applied properly when used.
3. Fixed an error generated by the column selector tool when used to select columns in the Merging Two Datasets procedure. Attempting to use the tool would cause an “Unhandled Exception” if the dataset you were attempting to select columns from had had some columns deleted.
4. Fixed minor documentation issues related to the Data Window and Merging Two Datasets procedures.
5. Added right-click menu with cut, copy, paste, etc. to the Transformation Formula box on Transformation Editor window.
Released: June 30, 2017
1. Corrected new issue with the Column Selector Tool. The tool would start up empty in some cases after updating to version 11.0.10.
Released: June 29, 2017
1. The Bland-Altman example datasets were adjusted to make the examples more clear. Also in the Bland-Altman procedure an error was fixed for the case when a dataset has blank lines for the Type 2 data entry.
2. Changed the default machine zero to 10e-14.
3. Corrected the non-inferiority tests in various Binary Diagnostic Tests procedures. The test was computed based on the lower tail rather than on the upper tail.
4. Corrected issue with the Column Selector Tool when the database has a very large number of columns (e.g. > 5000). The program would become very slow and unresponsive when trying to use the tool.
5. Corrected the Pt-Biserial Correlation hypothesis test in the Point-Biserial and Biserial Correlations procedure so that the test statistic sign matches that which is expected based on the formula in the documentation.
6. Corrected various minor documentation typos.
Released: February 16, 2017
1. Fixed uninformative error messages in various survival procedures.
2. Fixed bad example settings templates in various Time Series/Forecasting procedures. The example templates were generating an ‘”[Optional” is not a valid variable name.’ error.
3. Added options for modifying the calculations for stored LOESS values in the Linear Regression and Correlation procedure.
4. Fixed an unhandled exception that happened whenever the user clicks on the “GoTo” button in the Column Info table long view to quickly navigate to a specific column in the data table.
5. Fixed an error in the MANOVA procedure. Rows with missing values were not being removed correctly.
Released: December 19, 2016
1. Fixed an error in the Ratio of Polynomials Search - One Variable procedure. Searches that involved data transformations or that involved filtered dataset were not calculating R-squared values correctly."
2. Fixed a bad example settings template in the Autocorrelations procedure. The example template was generating an ‘”[Optional” is not a valid variable name.’ error.
3. Fixed premature-expiration issue in the trial version.
Released: November 3, 2016
1. Changed Deming Regression default and recommended jackknife degrees of freedom to N – 2 instead of N – 1.
2. Fixed an error in the data Save As Subset function. The file was written with errors in some cases resulting in an “Error Reading File” error message.
3. Fixed error in Curve Fitting - General procedure when using the 64-bit version. Users experienced and “Overflow” error when requesting the function plot in some rare cases. The error did not affect the 32-bit version.
Released: August 26, 2016
1. Fixed a problem with Two-Way Table input mode in the Contingency Tables procedure. The table was not loading correctly and caused a fatal error when attempting to change the number of rows and/or columns.
Released: August 17, 2016
1. The data importer was updated to support newer version 3rd-party files (e.g. Stata).
Released: July 1, 2016
1. Fixed rare import problem that affected import of some NCSS 2007 .s0 files causing the import to fail.
2. The labeling of the x axis was fixed for several quality control charts when the subgroup size is 1.
3. The trend line on quality control charts was improved for the case of specifying rows in charts after 1.
4. Added missing items to the list of Nonparametric procedures in the Analysis menu.
Released: May 27, 2016
1. Fixed "Overflow" error stemming from the Assumptions report in the One-Way ANOVA procedure that occurred only with very large datasets.
2. Fixed Combined COV calculation in Appraisal Ratio Studies procedure when using a Break Column. When the break column resulted in N=1 for some or all of the groups, the COV did not calculate correctly.
3. Fixed "Procedure call or argument is not valid." error in the Comparables Appraisal procedure. This error would occur when the Candidate Subset Report is requested but no Candidate Subset Selection Columns are entered.
Released: May 19, 2016
1. Corrected problems with the 3D Surface Plots procedure. An extra legend entry would appear when Y (Vertical) Zones was set to "From Y Axis Ticks", and the surface fill would disappear when the Surface Gradient Transparency was set to something other than 0.
2. Corrected problems with the Levey-Jennings Charts procedure. The options under Specify Rows in Charts had no effect on the output.
Released: May 2, 2016
1. Initial Release of NCSS 11.