NCSS 12 Update
Use the button(s) below to download the NCSS 12 installation file. If NCSS 12 is not yet installed on your computer, this will install the full version. If you already have NCSS 12 statistical analysis software installed, this will update your current installation to the newest version. Your personal files will not be affected.
NCSS 12 Download (Recommended)
Size: 126.77 MB
Current Version: 12.0.15
Released: May 22, 2020
Click here for minimum System Requirements
NCSS 12 64-bit Download
Size: 127.97 MB
PDF documentation for NCSS 12 is installed with the software and can be accessed through the Help System. The documentation is not available online at this time.
Update Release Notes
Released: May 22, 2020
1. Corrected a rare issue that occurred with procedures that contain a checked list box input (e.g. Descriptive Statistics – Summary Tables) after changing the computer’s language setting. Changing the language setting would cause the program to crash after launching the procedure.
2. Corrected an error in the One-Sample, Paired, and Two-Sample T-Tests procedures. The output page title was not being printed when the bootstrap report was at the top of a new page. Calculations were not affected.
3. Corrected an issue when importing and exporting delimited files (.csv, .txt) with text enclosed in double quotes. The importer and exporter now correctly handles text within quotes.
4. Corrected an error when importing Fixed Width Text Files using the Import Wizard. In rare cases the data would not import correctly if the user clicked “Finish” before proceeding all the way through the wizard.
5. Fixed a rare issue in the Binary Diagnostic Tests – Clustered Samples procedure. For the test of Sensitivity & Specificity, when the variance of the difference is negative or zero, the z-value and prob level were output as zero when they should have been blank.
6. Corrected an error in the Confounding/Alias Section of the Analysis of Two-Level Designs output. The Term No. was not listed correctly.
Released: February 11, 2020
1. Corrected issues with storage in the Meta-Analysis of Proportions and Meta-Analysis of Correlation Proportions procedures. The SE’s for Ratio and Odds Ratio are computed on the log scale and are not defined on the original scale. The options to store the SE’s should not have been available. These options have been removed.
2. Corrected an error in the Bland-Altman Plot and Analysis procedure. The Bland-Altman Plot checkbox for Data Input Type 3 was not being read. Instead, the Bland-Altman Plot for Data Input Type 3 was tied to the checkbox for Data Input Type 1. This has been corrected.
3. Corrected errors in the Cochran-Armitage Tests for Trend in Proportions located in the Contingency Tables procedure. When the dose levels were entered as rows in the table, the statement about what hypothesis is being tested was incorrect and numeric dose levels were not read in correctly for calculation.
Released: October 25, 2019
1. Corrected an error in the Distribution (Weibull) Fitting procedure. When fitting the Lognormal and Log10normal distributions, the resulting scale and shape estimates were switched in the Parameter Estimation Report and the Variance-Covariance Matrix Report. All other lognormal calculations (including hazard and reliability estimates) were not affected by this error.
2. Corrected an issue in displaying value labels for text values with trailing spaces.
3. Fixed a “Subscript out of range” error in the Item Response Analysis procedure that occurred when the Answer Variable values are not properly aligned with the Item Variables.
Released: May 23, 2019
1. Corrected an error in the Unstack Data tool that caused the labels to appear incorrectly with the unstacked data in some cases.
2. Fixed typo for standardized regression coefficient formula in Principal Components Regression documentation, page 340-12.
3. Corrected an error in Two-Sample Non-Inferiority, Superiority, and Equivalence Tests for Survival Data using Cox Regression procedures that occurred when using adjustment for Numeric X’s. The hypotheses were stated incorrectly in the output when numeric covariates were added.
Released: February 8, 2019
1. Fixed “Out of Memory” error when finding and replacing data in very large data files.
2. Corrected typos in Two-Sample T-Test procedures documentation chapters. Formulas for Standard Deviation and Standard Error had N1 – N2 – 2 in the denominator and should be N1 + N2 – 2.
Released: November 1, 2018
1. Corrected error in Two Proportions procedures. Some of the hypothesis test values were incorrect when entering multiple Outcome Variables in a single run.
Released: August 17, 2018
1. Corrected error in One-Sample and Paired T-Test procedures... the Assumptions Alpha was being ignored.
2. Corrected an error that caused the Scatter Plot Confidence Bands to be drawn incorrectly in some cases.
3. Corrected “Subscript out of range” and other errors in the curve fitting procedures that occurs when the data has a large percentage of missing values.
Released: June 19, 2018
1. Corrected an error that prevented the license key from being stored correctly in some cases. This error resulted in a prompt to enter the license key each time the software was run.
Released: June 14, 2018
1. Corrected an error that occurred for some procedures when Autosave Procedure Settings is active. If an invalid filename character was in the procedure name (e.g. “/”), the user would be asked to create a new directory with every run.
2. Corrected an error that caused the program to crash or display errors in various situations when the Data Window was resized too small.
Released: May 25, 2018
1. Corrected an error that caused the software to stop opening, importing, or saving data files after having opened or imported a file with a "%" character in the file name. Accessing files with a "%" character in the file name no longer causes problems.
2. Minor documentation corrections in the Robust Regression procedure.
Released: May 1, 2018
1. Corrected a problem with the value order on the Data Table. Values were not being interpreted correctly when including spaces after the list separator (i.e. comma).
2. Corrected a problem in the One Proportion procedures. Missing values were being included in the total sample size counts when using database input.
Released: March 14, 2018
1. Corrected an error in the Cusum Test for Linearity in the Passing-Bablok Regression for Method Comparison procedure. The Cusum test is now calculated correctly.
2. Corrected a “Subscript out of range” error that occurred in the Two-Sample T-Tests procedure when entering more than 5 Response Variable(s).
Released: March 9, 2018
1. Minor Corrections.
Released: January 30, 2018
1. Corrected documentation errors in the Robust Linear Regression (Passing-Bablok Median-Slope) procedure. A stray line was also removed from the scatter plot. This line was usually hidden by the Passing-Bablok regression line.
2. Corrected documentation errors in the Passing-Bablok Regression for Method Comparison procedure. Also corrected the regression coefficient confidence intervals which were stated backwards in some cases (i.e. lower bound was greater than upper bound). A stray line was also removed from the scatter plot. This line was usually hidden by the Passing-Bablok regression line.
3. The Two Independent Proportions procedures were updated so that all exact tests use the "Maximum N" option to ignore these tests when the sample size is too large because of the lengthy calculation time.
4. Fixed inactive Open and Change buttons for the Procedure Settings Autosave Folder on the Folders tab of the System Options window.
Released: January 23, 2018
1. Initial Release of NCSS 12.