NCSS 2021 Update
Use the button(s) below to download the NCSS 2021 installation file. If NCSS 2021 is not yet installed on your computer, this will install the full version. If you already have NCSS 2021 statistical analysis software installed, this will update your current installation to the newest version. Your personal files will not be affected.
Update Release Notes
This page lists the changes that have been made to NCSS 2021 since it was released.
Released: August 30, 2021
1. Corrected an error that occurred when parsing user-entered TO BY lists (e.g., "-2 to 2 by 0.1"). In some cases, rounding errors were causing unexpected results.
2. Corrected a rare error in the Descriptive Statistics – Summary Tables procedure when a group variable with Data Type = Text had been specified. If the data contains leading special characters (e.g. \, ., /, etc.) or a mix of upper- and lower-case characters, the summary tables would not display correctly.
3. Corrected an error when using power transformations with negative data and negative exponents. NCSS now calculates results for more exponents and correct results for some integer exponents that were not being applied correctly (e.g., -2, -3).
4. Corrected an error in the Repeated Measures ANOVA and GLM ANOVA means output when values were equal to zero with Count = 1. The software would report a very small mean (1E-14) in place of zero because of computer rounding error.
5. Corrected an error in the Correlation Matrix procedure when creating a heat map with only 2 variables. The software would return a “Column1 is constant and must be removed” error when creating the heat map.
6. Corrected “Unhandled exception…” errors that occurred when opening PASS procedures in Windows 10 when the Microsoft Region language option Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support is active. (To determine if the option is active on your computer, see the steps below.)
Having the Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support option active leads to other errors when using NCSS (known to adversely affect data import and plot display in some cases, at the very least). We recommend that the option be disabled when using NCSS.
To disable this option in Windows 10, perform the following steps with administrator rights on your computer:
1. Close all open documents and programs on your computer.
2. Press the Windows key.
3. Type “Settings.”
4. Select Time & Language.
5. Click Language.
6. Under Related settings, click Administrative language settings.
7. On the Region window, click the Administrative tab.
8. Click Change system locale. (Here you will need administrator rights.)
9. Clear the Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support checkbox.
10. Click OK.
11. Restart your computer.
Released: February 16, 2021
1. Corrected an error that caused NCSS to become unresponsive when creating output tables with very long column titles.
2. Added a message about how Column Labels and Value Labels are utilized.
3. Minor typographical corrections.
Released: January 29, 2021
1. Initial Release of NCSS 2021.