NCSS 9 UpdateUse the button(s) below to download the NCSS 9 installation file. If NCSS 9 is not yet installed on your computer, this will install the full version. If you already have NCSS 9 installed, this will update your current installation to the newest version. Your personal files will not be affected.
Update Release Notes
Released: February 16, 2017
1. Fixed rare problem with export function. Incorrectly specified value labels were causing the export to fail, even when they were not exported. Incorrectly specified value labels are now skipped during export.
2. Added options for modifying the calculations for stored LOESS values in the Linear Regression and Correlation procedure.
3. Fixed an unhandled exception that happened whenever the user clicks on the “GoTo” button in the Column Info table long view to quickly navigate to a specific column in the data table.
4. Fixed an error in the MANOVA procedure. Rows with missing values were not being removed correctly.
5. This is the final update to NCSS 9.
Released: July 22, 2015
1. Fixed error in K-Means Clustering report. Means and Standard Deviations Reports contained incorrect cluster counts when the dataset contained missing values.
2. Fixed error in K-Means Clustering application of the Percent Missing input option. The option was not being applied correctly to the data, and rows with too many missing values were being allowed into the analysis in some cases.
3. Fixed error in Crosstabs procedure. Some output items were not correct for tables containing rows or columns with all zeros when using break variables.
4. Fixed “Overflow” error in plots with extremely large axis values.
5. Fixed problem when importing delimited text files with missing column headings. Columns without headings after the last column with a heading were not being imported.
6. Fixed Anderson-Darling Test with large sample sizes. A p-value of 1.000 was reported for very large test statistics when it should have been 0.000.
7. Fixed various minor documentation typos and omissions.
Released: May 7, 2015
1. Fixed a problem with copying output containing text and images. When pasted in 3rd party software like Microsoft Word, only a reference to the image was assigned. When NCSS was closed the images would disappear from the saved Word file.
2. Fixes a problem with the data table. Pressing the left or right arrow keys after typing data in a cell did not advance to the next or previous cell.
Released: February 20, 2015
1. Fixed rare export problem. Certain uncommon characters were causing a problem with the export.
2. Corrected a problem with Text transformations. Leading zeros in text values were being discarded before the transformations were carried out.
3. Fixed a language issue related to the reading of simulation distributions. Mixed distributions are now parsed and read correctly for non-English language settings.
Released: February 7, 2015
1. Fixed the filter editing tool that allows you to add additional values to a list. Spaces were being removed by the tool (e.g. Typing “My New Value” was incorrectly returning “MyNewValue”).
2. Fixed a problem with the Find/Replace tool. The find function was going very slow for large datasets and causing the program to become non-responsive.
3. Fixed a problem with the Paste function when the amount of data on the clipboard is large. In some cases, the paste process would cause the program to become non-responsive.
4. Fixed a problem that occurred when the computer language setting (e.g. Spanish, Colombia) uses a comma as both the decimal separator and the list separator. This caused several data table issues with filters, transformations, procedures, etc.
Released: January 27, 2015
1. Fixed problem with Appraisal Ratios report. The report was not formatting correctly with >12 columns.
2. Fixed errors when exporting NCSS 97-2007 Spreadsheet (*.S0) files. Long transformation were truncated and value labels were not exported correctly.
Released: January 14, 2015
1. Fixed “Subscript out of range” error in the Linear Regression and Correlation procedure when using a frequency variable.
2. Changed ratio and odds ratio display on the Two Independent Proportions and 2-by-2 Tables procedure window to "Undefined" when p2 = 0.
3. Fixed a problem with the Nonlinear Regression procedure when using languages that use the comma as the decimal separator. The procedure was not iterating correctly to find the solution.
4. Fixed a problem with the Rank() transformation when the column for which the ranks are calculated has both text and numeric data.
5. Fixed a problem with the One-Sample T-Test procedure that caused the program to calculate 95% confidence intervals even when the user specified a different value in the input settings.
Released: August 28, 2014
1. Fixes event reporting in the Cumulative Incidence procedure. Under some circumstances the information for event 2 was reported when event 1 was requested.
2. Fixes a problem with the Number at Risk column of the Cumulative Incidence Summary and Cumulative Survival Summary reports in the Cumulative Incidence procedure. Sometimes the wrong number at risk was reported.
3. Fixes a problem in the Cumulative Incidence procedure where the Cumulative Incidence Summary report would not show up if the first requested time was before the first event or censored data time point.
4. Fixes a problem with the handling of missing values in the Contingency Tables/Crosstabs procedure when variables are created from numeric data within the procedure.
Released: July 24, 2014
1. Corrects a problem with the Recode transformation. Values with a comma were not parsed correctly.
2. Adds clarification to the ROC Curves procedure on how to generate the binormal ROC line on the plot.
Released: May 23, 2014
1. Corrects a rounding problem with the Randomization Test in the Two-Sample T-test procedure.
Released: May 8, 2014
1. Adds the capability to enter a Regression Coefficient Starting Value in Cox Regression.
2. Fixes a formatting issue with the Descriptive Statistics - Summary Tables procedure.
3. Fixes other minor issues.
Released: April 18, 2014
1. Fixes a problem with the import of files with non-English characters (e.g. ö, š, á, etc.) and adds the ability to specify the import code page so values are imported correctly.
2. Fixes a problem with the import of files with blank value labels. Blank values were causing an error in the import.
3. Fixes a problem exporting Excel files with a single column. Resulting files threw an error when opened.
4. Fixes a problem exporting Excel files with non-English language settings. Values with commas as the decimal character were not exported correctly.
5. Fixes a problem with the import of SPSS files containing variable labels. Variable labels are now imported correctly.
6. Fixes a problem with the Descriptive Statistics - Summary Tables procedure. A "subscript out of range" error was occurring when there was only one data variable.
Released: March 25, 2014
1. Fixes the Survival at Specific Event Times report in the Kaplan-Meier procedure. The survival values were not being reported after the last failure time if the final observations were censored. The plots were not affected.
2. Fixes the plots in several of the regression procedures to format the axis tick values correctly when using Date-Time variables.
3. Fixes the report in the Circular Data Analysis procedure. Variable labels and value labels were not being displayed when requested.
Released: February 26, 2014
1. Fixes a problem with some transformations when using computer language setting other than English. Some transformations were not being calculated.
2. Fixes a problem with the Descriptive Tables procedure when using the Date-Time data type. Table rows and columns were labeled with incorrect date labels.
3. Fixes a problem with the Mixed Models procedure. Some models had estimable components incorrectly flagged as non-estimable.
Released: January 24, 2014
1. Fixes a problem with the import of some text files with blank header rows.
2. Fixes an "object variable or with block variable not set" error that arises in some cases in the Discriminant Analysis procedure when plots are selected.
3. Fixes a problem with the labeling of data points in plots in the Correspondence Analysis procedure.
Released: November 7, 2013
1. Fixes a problem with If-Then transformations. Some valid transformations were being interpreted as invalid and not applied.
2. Adds the ability to adjust the number of lines allowed on each output page to eliminate blank pages in rare cases.
3. Adds the ability to include symbols in the legend in Error-Bar charts.
4. Fixes a problem with the Cumulative Incidence procedure that was causing blank plots when using a grouping variable with one of the groups designated by a 0.
Released: October 18, 2013
1. Fixes a problem with the Linear Regression procedure. When performing several regressions in a single run by entering multiple variables, the program was giving incorrect results for all Y variables after the first one.
2. Fixes a problem with the importing and exporting of files to folders containing diacritics (i.e. á). The software will now import and export correctly to paths with these special characters.
3. Fixes a problem with the reporting of AIC, Log-Likelihood, and -2Log-Likelihood in Mixed Models routines. These statistics were not being reported in some instances.
Released: August 20, 2013
1. Corrects a problem with the Cumulative Incidence procedure. It was not loading correctly from the menus and the navigator.
Released: August 12, 2013
1. Fixes inactive nonparametric menu items in the Analysis menus.
2. Corrects a problem that caused the plots not to appear for the Frequency Tables procedure when using numeric variables grouped into categories by number of intervals, minimum, and/or width.
Released: August 7, 2013
1. Adds the Van der Waerden and Terry-Hoeffding nonparametric tests to the One-Way Analysis of Variance procedure. These are Kruskal-Wallis analogs.
2. Corrects a problem with the default report precision in Multiple Regression, Robust Regression, and Subset Selection for Multiple Regression procedures. The default precision was incorrectly set to double instead of single, resulting in badly formatted reports in some instances. This did not affect calculations, only the appearance of reports.
Released: July 26, 2013
1. Corrects a problem with auto spin function with 3D plots. A crash would result when auto-spinning in three directions simultaneously.
2. Corrects a problem with the newly-updated Multiple Regression routines. Rows missing the Y value were not being reported in row-by-row lists when "All Rows" was selected.
Released: July 23, 2013
1. Initial Release of NCSS 9.