PASS 2019 Update
Use the button(s) below to download the PASS 2019 installation file. If PASS 2019 is not yet installed on your computer, this will install the full version. If you already have PASS 2019 installed, this will update your current installation to the newest version. Your personal files will not be affected.
Update Release Notes
This page lists the changes that have been made to PASS 2019 since it was released.
Released: October 25, 2019
1. Corrected an error in the calculation of Power when solving for Sample Size in the Reliability Demonstration Tests of One Proportion with Adverse Events procedure. Type II Error (Beta) was being reported instead of Power. This has been corrected. Note that when solving for Alpha, the correct Power was reported.
2. Corrected a minor typo in the documentation for the Tests for One Proportion procedure related to the value of c in the power formulas for the continuity-corrected tests.
3. The formula for power in the option  of Post-Marketing Surveillance changed in the 4th Edition of Machin’s sample size book (2018). PASS 2019 was upgraded to use the new formula. Note that the new formula only gives different results when the sample sizes of the two groups are not equal.
4. Fixed an Error in the "Conditional Power of Tests for the Difference Between Two Proportions" procedure. The conditional power was computed incorrectly when Input Type = "Differences". This has been corrected.
Released: May 24, 2019
1. Added the ability for the software to periodically check online for updates and notify the user when an update is available. This new capability is controlled through System Options.
2. Corrected an error in the Simple Linear Regression procedures that caused the search to fail when solving for slope and using σʏ as the Standard Deviation of Residuals Input Type.
3. Fixed a “Subscript out of range” error in the Tests for Two Proportions in a Repeated Measures Design procedure that occurred when Group Allocation was set to “Enter total sample size and percentage in Group 1” and Definitions were being output in the report.
4. Minor documentation changes to correct typos.
Released: March 23, 2019
1. Initial Release of PASS 2019.