PASS 2020 Update
Use the button(s) below to download the PASS 2020 installation file. If PASS 2020 is not yet installed on your computer, this will install the full version. If you already have PASS 2020 installed, this will update your current installation to the newest version. Your personal files will not be affected.
Update Release Notes
This page lists the changes that have been made to PASS 2020 since it was released.
Released: May 22, 2020
1. Updated the Tests for Two Ordered Categorical Variables procedure to include Odds Ratio input (in addition to Log(Odds Ratio) input) and additional methods for specifying the control group category proportions.
2. Added examples to demonstrate how the Tests for Two Ordered Categorical Variables procedure can be used in planning a clinical trial to assess the effectiveness of a treatment in combatting COVID-19 where the study outcome is based on a multi-category ordinal scale of illness severity.
3. Added an example to demonstrate how the Logrank Tests (Freedman) procedure can be used in planning a clinical trial to assess the effectiveness of a treatment in combatting COVID-19 where the study outcome in each group is the number of days it takes patients to advance two categories on a multi-point ordinal scale of disease status.
4. Corrected an error in the Equivalence Tests for the Ratio of Two Means (Normal Data) procedure. The values of N2 and N were displayed wrong in some cases. Incidentally, N2 is not used in the power calculation, so that value is correct.
5. Corrected an error in the Group-Sequential simulation procedures that required the user to repeatedly press “Abort” in order to Abort a procedure run.
6. Corrected an error in the Cox Regression procedure when solving for power with B = 0. PASS was returning Beta for Power instead of returning Alpha for Power.
7. Corrected an error that caused plots with Extra Symbols added outside the bounds of the plot lines to become tiny. Extra symbols outside of the plot boundaries are not displayed.
8. The validation example (based on Lakatos, 1988) for the Two-Group Survival Comparison Tests (Simulation) procedure and the Logrank Tests procedure had the noncompliance and drop-in rates reversed. This was fixed in the documentation and in the validation example templates. The fix did not result in a change to the estimated sample size.
9. Corrected minor typos in the power formula in the documentation of the Equivalence Tests for the Difference Between Two Correlated Proportions procedure.
Released: February 10, 2020
1. Initial Release of PASS 2020.