PASS 2022 Update
Use the button(s) below to download the PASS 2022 installation file. If PASS 2022 is not yet installed on your computer, this will install the full version. If you already have PASS 2022 installed, this will update your current installation to the newest version. Your personal files will not be affected.
Update Release Notes
This page lists the changes that have been made to PASS 2022 since it was released.
Released: August 9, 2022
1. Corrected the formula for the SD of the Uniform Distribution in the documentation for the Data Simulator procedure. The procedure calculations were not affected.
2. Overflow error fixed for all assurance procedures when solving for sample size with a joint prior specification.
3. Corrected an error in the Tests for One-Sample Sensitivity and Specificity procedure. For some language settings (e.g., Hungarian) the N1 and N sample size values would appear mashed together in the Numeric Results table making it appear that only one large sample size was computed.
4. Fixed the Accrual Time (Integers Only) input option in the Two-Group Survival Comparison Tests (Simulation) and Group-Sequential Logrank Tests (Simulation) (Legacy) procedures so that decimal numbers are not included as possible options in the dropdown. The procedures were also updated so that decimal number are correctly rounded to whole numbers before calculation.
5. For newer group sequential procedures, there was a typo for the alternative hypothesis when two-sided asymmetric efficacy-only boundaries were used. This was fixed from stating ‘symmetric’ to correctly being ‘asymmetric.’
6. Corrected an error in the Non-Zero Null Tests for Simple Linear Regression using ρ² procedure. For some combinations of ρ0² and ρ1², solving for N (Sample Size) would return no results.
7. Corrected an issue in the Confidence Intervals for Kappa procedure. When Interval Type was set to something other than Two-Sided, the software was not reading the Distance from κ to Limit option correctly. Instead it was reading and using the hidden Width of Confidence Interval option value in its place.
8. In the Confidence Intervals for an Exponential Lifetime Percentile procedure, the Width of Confidence Interval was limited to values between 0 and 2. It was fixed to correctly allow for all values greater than 0.
9. Corrected an error in the following procedures: Tests for Two Means in a Repeated Measures Design, Tests for Two Proportions, Fisher's Exact Test for Two Proportions, Non-Inferiority (Superiority by a Margin, Equivalence, Non-Zero Null) Tests for the Difference (Ratio, Odds Ratio) Between Two Proportions, Tests for Two Independent Sensitivities, Non-Inferiority (Superiority by a Margin) Tests for Vaccine Efficacy using the Ratio of Two Proportions. When solving for sample size with Group Allocation set to “Enter R” or “Enter percentage in group 1”, the reported sample sizes might have been slightly off (usually by only 1 subject) due to incorrect rounding of the sample sizes.
10. Updated the documentation for the Standard Deviation Estimator tool to include sections about the Covariance Matrix and σm from Range tabs.
11. Corrected various minor typos in the documentation.
Released: February 14, 2022
1. Modified the allowable ranges for Cluster Size parameters M and m in the three Stepped-Wedge Cluster-Randomized Design procedures. The restriction that both parameters be ≥ 2 was found to be unnecessary. Now both parameters have allowed range of > 0.
2. An error in the “Mann-Whitney or Wilcoxon Rank-Sum Tests (Simulation)” and the “Tests for Two Means (Simulation)” routines has been corrected. The error caused the mean differences to be reported incorrectly in cases where the distribution’s first parameter was not the mean. The power calculations were correct.
Released: January 28, 2022
1. Initial Release of PASS 2022.