PASS 16 Update
Use the button(s) below to download the PASS 16 installation file. If PASS 16 is not yet installed on your computer, this will install the full version. If you already have PASS 16 installed, this will update your current installation to the newest version. Your personal files will not be affected.
Update Release Notes
This page lists the changes that have been made to PASS 16 since it was released.
Released: November 2, 2018
1. Fixed power calculation error in the Tests for Two Correlated Proportions in a Matched Case-Control Design procedure. The author of the paper on which this procedure is based discovered a calculation error in his results. The calculations in PASS have been updated to reflect the author’s corrections.
2. Fixed power calculation error in the Tests for Two Variances procedure. The power was not being calculated correctly in some cases when the group sample sizes are unequal.
3. Fixed documentation typos in the Non-Central Chi-Square Distribution in the Probability Calculator documentation.
Released: August 17, 2018
1. Corrected issues encountered in various procedures where the period is used in a way other than to represent a decimal symbol (e.g. in “D0.L”) when the computer language uses a comma as the decimal symbol. The period was incorrectly being replaced by a comma in non-numeric instances.
Released: July 6, 2018
1. Corrected a rare error in the Stepped-Wedge Design procedures. Fringe models with no real solution were reporting power of 1 when the power should have been returned as missing with no solution.
2. Corrected an error in the Multiple Contrasts (Simulation) procedure. When solving for Sample Size, the target power value was being set to 1-(User-Entered Value for Power). The correct input power value is now used.
3. The Tests for Multiple Correlated Proportions procedure has been corrected to indicate that the procedure calculates power for the McNemar-Bowker Test of Symmetry, not the Stuart-Maxwell Test of Marginal Homogeneity. After further research, we have determined that Chow, Shao, Wang, and Lokhnygina (2018) incorrectly refers to the McNemar-Bowker Test as the Stuart-Maxwell Test. The Stuart-Maxwell Test is used for testing marginal homogeneity, utilizes a different and more complicated test statistic, and has no known closed-form sample size calculation method. The McNemar-Bowker Test (the test for which power is computed in the Tests for Multiple Correlated Proportions procedure) is used for testing paired table symmetry. While it’s true that symmetry implies marginal homogeneity (see Fagerland, Lydersen, and Laake (2017)), the power and sample size calculations for the McNemar-Bowker Test do not necessarily extend to the Stuart-Maxwell Test.
4. Corrected an error that caused incorrect power and sample size calculations when entering “R1” in the Tests for Two Proportions in a Stratified Design (Cochran/Mantel-Haenszel Test) procedure when the computer’s system language setting was set to a South African language setting or any other language setting where R is a currency symbol.
5. Corrected a “Subscript out of Range” error in Hotelling’s One-Sample T2 procedure that occurred when the language setting on the machine uses a comma as the decimal.
6. Corrected an error that occurred for some procedures when Autosave Procedure Settings is active. If an invalid filename character was in the procedure name (e.g. “/”), the user would be asked to create a new directory with every run.
7. Fixed various documentation typos.
Released: June 6, 2018
1. Initial Release of PASS 16.